Khayelitsha Grief and Loss Project was initiated in 2012 in the black township of Khayelitsha in Cape Town, South Africa because of the many children and families affected by violence, HIV and AIDS and other tragic losses. Its formal registration as an NPC was formalised on 27 June 2014 NPC #2014/119381/08
Khayelitsha Grief and Loss Project provides:
• Quality grief support groups for children and youth in the Khayelitsha area in Cape Town, South Africa.
• We consult with teachers, social workers and caregivers regarding the needs of children experiencing loss.
• We train facilitators to lead grief and loss support group sessions for children and youth.
• We network with people/organisations to identify grief and loss needs of children and engage in the healing process.
• We refer children in need of further counselling to professional therapists and relevant organisations qualified and able to support such cases.